Haws was founded in 1886 by John Haws in Clapton, North East London. Despite many changing in the company management, Haws still produces high quality watering cans keeping the original design from the founder.
John Haws first worked out his improved design and method of manufacture from a French made waterpot and designed a can with perfect balance. his patented watering can prevent spillages while pouring. It received in 1894 the National Chrysanthemum Society Gold Medal award and the Royal Horticultural Society’s Banksian Medal in 1911.
It all started in Clapton but the production moved many times, to Bishop then Storbridge and eventually to Smethwick, Birmingham. To this day, each step is handmade by highly qualified craftsmen and women starting from steel sheets.
No products for this manufacturer.